RBC Sees Headcount Reduction at Cisco (CSCO) at Net Positive
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital affirms Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO) at Outperform with a pirce target of $35 following reports of a headcount adjustment at the company.
Analyst Mitch Steves commented,
According to Reuters and CRN News, Cisco is planning a reduction in force (RIF) of approximately 14,000 employees or ~20% of total headcount. Given that the Company has been acquisitive over the past six months and Cisco is shifting its focus to software/security/services we think a RIF would be beneficial to long-term operating margins. While a 20% reduction (~14,000 employees) would be severe, we think a number closer to ~10,000 would be fair or in the range of 10-15% (73,104 employees as of latest 10-Q). Finally, we think a RIF would act as yet another signal that the Company is focused on changing its current business model. Net Net: we think a reduction in force would be beneficial given the number of acquisitions the Company has made and believe the topic will now be addressed during [today's] conference call.
Shares of Cisco closed at $31.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Reiterates Outperform on General Electric (GE) Following 4Q
- Hilliard Lyons Upgrades BB&T Capital (BBT) to Buy
- Western Digital (WDC): Gross Margin Expansion On The Horizon - RBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!