RBC Sees Headcount Reduction at Cisco (CSCO) at Net Positive
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital affirms Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO) at Outperform with a pirce target of $35 following reports of a headcount adjustment at the company.
Analyst Mitch Steves commented,
According to Reuters and CRN News, Cisco is planning a reduction in force (RIF) of approximately 14,000 employees or ~20% of total headcount. Given that the Company has been acquisitive over the past six months and Cisco is shifting its focus to software/security/services we think a RIF would be beneficial to long-term operating margins. While a 20% reduction (~14,000 employees) would be severe, we think a number closer to ~10,000 would be fair or in the range of 10-15% (73,104 employees as of latest 10-Q). Finally, we think a RIF would act as yet another signal that the Company is focused on changing its current business model. Net Net: we think a reduction in force would be beneficial given the number of acquisitions the Company has made and believe the topic will now be addressed during [today's] conference call.
Shares of Cisco closed at $31.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- RBC Capital Neutral on GE's (GE) Q3 Report, Outlook; Reaffirms at 'Outperform'
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!