RBC Positive on Incyte's (INCY) ECHO-202 Phase 1 Update; Affirms at 'Outperform'
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The firm noted Friday:
Incyte released the ECHO-202 trial abstract earlier this morning, which will be presented at ESMO on Monday morning at 5am-6am ET/11am-12pm CET. The company will hold an investor call at 8am ET/2pm CET. The poster is currently available in the investor section of company's website. While we will wait for more details on the call, we view the data as positive and as confirming the drug's strong efficacy and benign safety profile.
Specifically, 1) after three more months of follow-up, since the March 28th data cutoff of the abstract, the PFS was not reached; this increases our confidence that the combo of epacadostat+pembro will end up with mPFS that will be superior of the ipi+nivo combo (mPFS 11.5 months); 2) the 12- and 6-month PFS discussed in the poster of 57% and 74%, respectively, compare favorably with the respective PFS of results from trials of other immunotherapy regimens; 3) the response rate remained robust and steady, including an additional patient whose PR became a CR; all this while the responses remained durable; 4) 83% (5/6) of melanoma patients treated with 100mg or more of epacadostat were responders; 5) the safety of the combination remained benign, both in terms of numbers (19% G3/4) and in terms of types of TEAEs.
There are data in the poster about responses in additional tumors, including lung and kidney; however, we have a harder time having as strong an opinion on them, given the small number of patients tested in each tumor type. Our key takeaway is that epacadostat is a very active and safe agent in melanoma and this data presentation appears to confirm/reinforce the company's decision to move into the Phase III setting.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Incyte (INCY): Novartis Data Bodes Well For Incyte - RBC
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
- Baxter (BAX) PT, Estimates Raised at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!