RBC Lifts PT on Intel (INTC) to $38; PCs Supply Chain, Demand Boost Q3 Expectations
- Wall Street rallies as OPEC reaches output deal
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Comps Fall 4.3%
- Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) Announces ITI-007 Phase 3 Missed Primary Endpoint in Schizophrenia
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces FDA Approval for ORKAMBI in Children 6-11; Lowers 2016 ORKAMBI Revenue Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/28: (AEGR) (PIR) (GSAT) Higher; (ITCI) (ATNM) (PRGS) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital boosts its price target on Sector Perform-rated Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) from $36 to $38 following improved Q3 guidance issued earlier Friday.
Analyst Amit Daryanani commented today:
INTC updated their Sept-qtr guidance with revenues 5% above prior guidance and an EPS implication 10% above Street estimates. INTC cited a replenishment of PC supply chain inventory and some signs of improving PC demand as reasons for their stronger results. Given 1) INTC results, 2) stronger PC ODM data that has lasted through the summer, 3) WDC's positive pre-announcement, and 4) stronger PC supply chain checks, we believe that PC unit expectations may come in "less-bad" at down mid-single digits in 2016, slightly stronger than the high-single digit decline expectations prior.
Given INTC's new Sept-qtr guidance, our revenue/EPS estimates are adjusted to $15.6B/$0.73 vs. Street at $14.9B/$0.66. For FY16E, our estimates are adjusted to $59.2B/$2.67 vs. Street at $57.6B/$2.47, while our FY17E estimate are adjusted to $61.2B/$2.97 vs. Street at $59.7B/$2.71. Fundamentally, we think this positive pre-announcement is a good first step to the PC story stabilizing at INTC, which could help INTC grow total revenues, driven by tailwinds from DCG, IoT, and memory, the analyst noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Downgrades Shopify (SHOP) to Equalweight Following Recent Gains
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades Baidu (BIDU) to Hold
- Nomura Maintains Buy on Nike (NKE) Despite Disappointing Future Orders; PT to $60
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!