RBC Expects These 8 Features for Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 7
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
In addition to weighing in on today's unfavorable tax ruling, RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani reviewed features he expects from the Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone 7, which was confirmed to be unveiled at at September 7 event.
Daryanani expects the iPhone release will be around 9/16 with pre-orders starting ~9/9.
Features they expect:
1) upgraded A10 processors deployed by TSMC;
2) no 3.5mm headphone jack going forward;
3) improved water resistance;
4) 7+ will feature dual-lens camera (digital SLR-like quality);
5) entry-level memory configuration at 32GB (vs. currently 16GB);
6) 3GB DRAM for 7+ and potentially even for iPhone base model as well;
7) pricing: we expect pricing to be $649-$849 for iPhone 7 (depending on memory) and $749-$949 for iPhone 7+; and
8) faster LTE: we expect both 7 and 7+ to have faster up/download speeds given what we have seen on the baseband and RF side.
The analyst expects iPhone 7+ supply will be constrained, especially during the initial phase of the launch. He said using dual cameras for 7+ could impede the available production capacity for the phone given module limitations and yield challenges at suppliers.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $117 on AAPL.
Shares of Apple closed at $106.82 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL): Apple Monitor Shows Weaker Than Seasonal Growth - Drexel Hamilton
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Apple (AAPL) in talks with film studios for early movie rentals - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!