RBC Expects These 8 Features for Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 7
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
In addition to weighing in on today's unfavorable tax ruling, RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani reviewed features he expects from the Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone 7, which was confirmed to be unveiled at at September 7 event.
Daryanani expects the iPhone release will be around 9/16 with pre-orders starting ~9/9.
Features they expect:
1) upgraded A10 processors deployed by TSMC;
2) no 3.5mm headphone jack going forward;
3) improved water resistance;
4) 7+ will feature dual-lens camera (digital SLR-like quality);
5) entry-level memory configuration at 32GB (vs. currently 16GB);
6) 3GB DRAM for 7+ and potentially even for iPhone base model as well;
7) pricing: we expect pricing to be $649-$849 for iPhone 7 (depending on memory) and $749-$949 for iPhone 7+; and
8) faster LTE: we expect both 7 and 7+ to have faster up/download speeds given what we have seen on the baseband and RF side.
The analyst expects iPhone 7+ supply will be constrained, especially during the initial phase of the launch. He said using dual cameras for 7+ could impede the available production capacity for the phone given module limitations and yield challenges at suppliers.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $117 on AAPL.
Shares of Apple closed at $106.82 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS On Apple (AAPL) Tax Implications: Bad For Cash Flow, Positive For EPS
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) to $33
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades Colfax Corporation (CFX) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!