RBC Expects These 8 Features for Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 7
- Wall St stumbles as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
In addition to weighing in on today's unfavorable tax ruling, RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani reviewed features he expects from the Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) iPhone 7, which was confirmed to be unveiled at at September 7 event.
Daryanani expects the iPhone release will be around 9/16 with pre-orders starting ~9/9.
Features they expect:
1) upgraded A10 processors deployed by TSMC;
2) no 3.5mm headphone jack going forward;
3) improved water resistance;
4) 7+ will feature dual-lens camera (digital SLR-like quality);
5) entry-level memory configuration at 32GB (vs. currently 16GB);
6) 3GB DRAM for 7+ and potentially even for iPhone base model as well;
7) pricing: we expect pricing to be $649-$849 for iPhone 7 (depending on memory) and $749-$949 for iPhone 7+; and
8) faster LTE: we expect both 7 and 7+ to have faster up/download speeds given what we have seen on the baseband and RF side.
The analyst expects iPhone 7+ supply will be constrained, especially during the initial phase of the launch. He said using dual cameras for 7+ could impede the available production capacity for the phone given module limitations and yield challenges at suppliers.
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $117 on AAPL.
Shares of Apple closed at $106.82 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Reiterates Outperform on Alphabet (GOOGL) Following 3Q Beat
- Volatility and Volume movement
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!