RBC Capital Upgrades NVIDIA (NVDA) to Outperform Following Blowout Quarter
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital upgraded NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) from Sector Perform to Outperform with a price target of $72.00 (from $47.00) given a blow out quarter (guide as well) and material change in the Data Center story.
Analyst Mitch Steves commented, "We think the NVIDIA story has materially changed to a structural long driven by 1) deep learning, 2) automotive and 3) virtual reality growth. While expectations were originally slated for ~8-12% revenue growth, we think 20-30% is now on the table combined with margin tailwinds from improving yield on production. Data Center out-performance was the primary driver to a thesis changing moment (potential for q/q growth through CY16) given our previous stance for a single leg of growth (Virtual Reality). Finally, the Automotive segment continues to act as a call option on the stock if the Drive PX platform sees robust growth. Net Net: we are moving to an Outperform rating and move our price target to $72."
Shares of NVIDIA closed at $59.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!