RBC Capital Upgrades NVIDIA (NVDA) to Outperform Following Blowout Quarter
- Wall Street opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital upgraded NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) from Sector Perform to Outperform with a price target of $72.00 (from $47.00) given a blow out quarter (guide as well) and material change in the Data Center story.
Analyst Mitch Steves commented, "We think the NVIDIA story has materially changed to a structural long driven by 1) deep learning, 2) automotive and 3) virtual reality growth. While expectations were originally slated for ~8-12% revenue growth, we think 20-30% is now on the table combined with margin tailwinds from improving yield on production. Data Center out-performance was the primary driver to a thesis changing moment (potential for q/q growth through CY16) given our previous stance for a single leg of growth (Virtual Reality). Finally, the Automotive segment continues to act as a call option on the stock if the Drive PX platform sees robust growth. Net Net: we are moving to an Outperform rating and move our price target to $72."
Shares of NVIDIA closed at $59.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Restaurant Brands (QSR) to $54
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Following 3Q Report
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) PT Raised at Oppenheimer Ahead of Earnings and Potential M&A
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!