RBC Capital Upgrades Brocade (BRCD) to Outperform Amid Potential Takeover
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital upgraded Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) from Sector Perform to Outperform with a price target of $14.00 (from $11.00) following reports it is in advanced talks to sell itself to Broadcom (NASDAQ: AVGO).
Analyst Mitch Steves commented, "We think that Brocade makes sense as a strategic asset to the right operator or CEO (Hock Tan as a solid operator), which would lead to mid-single-digit accretion for the acquirer (35%+ operating margin potential). M&A in the space (most notably ELX) should help put a valuation floor; in addition, with Brocade’s operating margin in the 20s today we see the asset working up to the mid 30s. Beyond the M&A valuation floor, we think Brocade is continuing to gain share within the IP networking segment post Ruckus as it continues to attack and gain share from the federal vertical. This organic revenue growth and EPS potential could lead to $1.10+ in EPS in FY17E and we think this would lead to multiple expansion as well (11x average could increase to 12-14x). Net/net: Combining the organic potential with M&A valuation floor, we are upgrading shares to Outperform and $14 target (from $11)."
Shares of Brocade closed at $8.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Rumors, Upgrades
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!