RBC Capital Remains Sidelined as Kroger (KR) Lowered Full Year Guidance
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital reiterated a Sector Perform rating and $37.00 price target on Kroger (NYSE: KR) after the company adjusts guidance in face of headwinds. KR is now expecting ID sales (ex. fuel) of 1.4%-1.8% (from 2.5%-3.5%), adjusted EPS of $2.10-$2.20 (from $2.19-$2.28), and Capex of $3.6bn-$3.9bn (from $4.1bn-$4.4.bn).
Analyst William Kirk commented, "Kroger lowered its full year guidance on the face of intensified deflationary headwind and diminishing benefits from fuel margin and beef deflation, which is expected. However, Kroger is scaling back Capex spending for FY16 and FY17, which we think will become a disadvantage when other strong competitors are doing the opposite. Reiterate Sector Perform rating and $37 price target."
Shares of Kroger closed at $31.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Amazon (AMZN) PT Raised to $1250 at Susquehanna
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Raised to $925 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!