RBC Capital Remains Bullish as LendingTree (TREE) Announces CompareCards.com Acquisition
- Wall St. slips as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on Lending Tree (NASDAQ: TREE), and raised the price target to $120.00 (from $110.00), following the company's announced acquisition of CompareCards.com. CompareCards.com was launched in 2005 and attracts >1.5MM consumers each month. RBC believes that this transaction will allow Credit Card revenue at TREE to sustain premium growth and increasingly gain share in this important category.
Analyst Mark Mahaney commented, "Last night, TREE announced it acquired CompareCards.com and hosted a call this morning. CompareCards provides TREE with greater scale, improved marketing/analytic capability and deeper relationships within the credit card segment, all of which should lead to sustained improvement in issuer payouts. Raising ests & PT to $120 (from $110)."
Shares of Lending Tree closed at $88.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Federal Judge to Block Anthem (ANTM), Cigna Corp. (CI) Merger - NYP
- Jefferies Downgrades Autoliv, Inc. (ALV) to Hold
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Definitive Agreement, Mark Mahaney
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!