RBC Capital Reiterates Sector Perform on Intel (INTC) Following 3Q Beat
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital reiterated a Sector Perform rating on Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), and cut the price target to $37.00 (from $38.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. INTC reported revenues of $15.78B, ahead of the Street's $15.58B. EPS was reported at $0.80 vs. the Street's estimate of $0.73.
Analyst Amit Daryanani commented, "While investors will likely be slightly disappointed at the below seasonal revenue guide, driven by a PC supply chain inventory reduction and a new high-single-digit y/y DCG guide, gross margins continue to surprise to the upside, softening the weaker revenue expectations. With Dalian startup costs likely declining given stronger yields and restructuring charges continuing into mid-2017, we think that 1H17 will likely see continued cost reductions, which should help both the COGS and OpEx lines. Following the report, we continue to see DCG growing double digits although we think a more bullish 15% y/y target is probably out of the question unless Enterprise stabilizes. We think the bulls will point to DCG reaccelerating and PCs stabilizing, which probably results in an EPS scenario of $3.00+; however, bears will likely point to further PC market declines, a deteriorating core Enterprise business in DCG, and a slowing of Cloud/networking-centric DCG spend (flat EPS scenario). Maintaining SP and lowering price target to $37 from $38."
Shares of Intel closed at $37.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Regions Financial (RF) to $15; Reiterates Outperform
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Illinois Tool Works (ITW) to $145 Following Investor Day
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!