RBC Capital Reiterates Sector Perform on Darden Restaurants (DRI) After Raising Estimates
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital reiterated a Sector Perform rating and $70.00 price target on Darden Restaurants (NYSE: DRI) ahead of the company's 1Q earnings report. RBC raised F1Q17 EPS estimates from $0.78 to $0.83, compared to consensus of $0.82, largely based on slightly higher Olive Garden SSS growth of 1.5% (1% prior).
Analyst David Palmer commented, "In spite of sluggish industry sales trends and diminishing food cost tailwinds (e.g. dairy) later in the year, we see modest upside to consensus FY17e EPS based on likely share gains by Olive Garden (partly driven by promo activity) and 2) share repurchases (e.g. 6%+ FCF yield)."
Shares of Darden Restaurants closed at $60.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades Colfax Corporation (CFX) to Outperform
- FBN Securities Raises Price Target on Pandora (P) to $15 Following 4Q Preannouncement
- Wedbush Upgrades Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) to Outperform; Signs of Inflection
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!