RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Seagate Technology (STX) to $34; Reiterates Sector Perform
- Wall Street falls as bank, healthcare shares weigh
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Faces U.S. Antitrust Case Over Licensing - Bloomberg
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
RBC Capital reiterated a Sector Perform rating on Seagate Technology (NASDAQ: STX), and raised the price target to $34.00 (from $31.00), after meeting with investors and management. STX stressed their focus is to go after high margin HDD units vs. chase low-end of the markets where the profit pool is less attractive.
Analyst Amit Daryanani commented, "1) STX is focused on going after higher margin HDD units vs. chasing the lower end of the market (PCs) where the profit pool is presently less attractive; 2) From an opex standpoint, STX plans to manage costs in-line with demand and notes that cost cuts are still ongoing; 3) STX expects PC TAM for HDDs and PC demand trends in general to be downward trending; 4) CSP demand was strong in June-qtr and expect LT EB growth for near-line HDD to be >30%; 5) 8TB ramps should continue to sustain (STX has a lower BOM) and STX is shipping 10TB Helium drives currently; 6) There is room for gross-margins to trend higher due to cost take out actions that are yet to be realized and 7) HAMR to get deployed around 2018."
Shares of Seagate Technology closed at $33.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- FBR Capital Remains Sidelined on Comerica (CMA) Following 4Q Report
- Wedbush Downgrades Entravision Communications (EVC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!