RBC Capital Raises Price Target on NetApp (NTAP) to $32 Following 1Q Beat
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital reiterated a Sector Perform rating on NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP), and raised the price target to $32.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. NetApp posted revenue of $1.29B and non-GAAP EPS of $0.46 vs. consensus expectations of $1.26B/$0.36.
Analyst Amit Daryanani commented, "NTAP's positive Jul-qtr print/in-line Octqtr guide should provide investors with some level of comfort around the company's near-term revenue stabilization/cost reduction story. Management also outlined aspirations of: 1) 15-17% operating margin in FY17 (implies ~18% op margins for H2:17), 2) a return to growth in product revenue in H2:17, and 3) revenue growth exiting FY17. The company also provided high level targets of "moderated" revenue growth and 18% operating margin for FY18. While the near/medium-term outlook should be positive for NTAP, we note that attaining these ambitions would hinge on the company's ability to revert to consistent product revenue stabilization, maintain positive service/software growth and successfully execute on its cost reduction plans. Given better contributions from SolidFire and growth in strategic products (all-flash, hybrid cloud, OnCommand Insight, etc.) we think there is a bridge to achieve these targets, but wait for a better history of execution before we become more positive on the name. Maintain SP rating and raising price target to $32."
Shares of NetApp closed at $28.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Syntel, Inc. (SYNT) Following Weak 3Q
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on eBay (EBAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on WD-40 Co. (WDFC) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!