RBC Capital Raises Price Target on NetApp (NTAP) to $32 Following 1Q Beat
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital reiterated a Sector Perform rating on NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP), and raised the price target to $32.00 (from $29.00), following the company's 1Q earnings report. NetApp posted revenue of $1.29B and non-GAAP EPS of $0.46 vs. consensus expectations of $1.26B/$0.36.
Analyst Amit Daryanani commented, "NTAP's positive Jul-qtr print/in-line Octqtr guide should provide investors with some level of comfort around the company's near-term revenue stabilization/cost reduction story. Management also outlined aspirations of: 1) 15-17% operating margin in FY17 (implies ~18% op margins for H2:17), 2) a return to growth in product revenue in H2:17, and 3) revenue growth exiting FY17. The company also provided high level targets of "moderated" revenue growth and 18% operating margin for FY18. While the near/medium-term outlook should be positive for NTAP, we note that attaining these ambitions would hinge on the company's ability to revert to consistent product revenue stabilization, maintain positive service/software growth and successfully execute on its cost reduction plans. Given better contributions from SolidFire and growth in strategic products (all-flash, hybrid cloud, OnCommand Insight, etc.) we think there is a bridge to achieve these targets, but wait for a better history of execution before we become more positive on the name. Maintain SP rating and raising price target to $32."
Shares of NetApp closed at $28.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!