RBC Capital Raises Price Target on NetApp (NTAP) Ahead of 1Q Results
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital reiterated a Sector Perform rating on NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP), and raised the price target to $29.00 (from $26.00), ahead of the company's 1Q earnings report. NTAP is scheduled to report results on Wednesday August 17 after market close. Results are expected to be largely in line with consensus ($1.26B/$0.36).
Analyst Amit Daryanan commented, "We think NTAP will report in line to slightly better results heading into the Jul-qtr print as concerns around Brexit headwinds have mostly been unsubstantiated among enterprise IT vendors reporting Jun-qtr results. We note several IT resellers have pointed towards an improving (or declining less) storage environment (CDW, AVT, etc.). Also, our sense is Public vertical spend (~12% of total sales) has been fairly robust and should sustain into the budget flush. Finally, we note peer EMC reported results that showed that the "less bad" scenario on storage product portfolio is starting to occur. Net/Net: We think NTAP should see declines starting to moderate on the product side driven by public vertical and continued shift from the base to ONTAP cluster model. Also, we see potential for better op-margins as NTAP takes out costs and optimizes their OPEX structure through the year. Maintain SP rating but raising target to $29 from $26 as we adjust our FTM EPS multiple from ~11-12x to ~12x based on general improvement in the Enterprise IT landscape."
Shares of NetApp closed at $28.45 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Reiterates Buy as TD Ameritrade (AMTD) Announces Scottrade Acquisition
- UBS Cuts Price Target on V.F. Corp. (VFC) to $59; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!