RBC Capital Raises Price Target on B&G Foods (BGS) Following Announced Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on B&G Foods (NYSE: BGS), and raised the price target to $57.00 (from $52.00), following the company's announced acquisition of the spices business of ACH Food Companies. The acquisition price equates to approximately 9.4x EBITDA before synergies and excluding the cash tax benefit from asset purchase accounting. RBC anticipates roughly $200M of the $365M deal price will be paid with cash on hand.
Analyst David Palmer commented, "Following the announced acquisition of ACH’s spices business we are increasing our 2016e and 2017e EPS from $2.24 and $2.45 to $2.27 (+48% YOY; $2.19 cons.) and $2.71 (+19% YOY; $2.31 cons.). The higher estimates reflect roughly $30M in incremental EBIT from the deal, $4M in incremental interest cost and a 37% tax rate (consistent with the current corporate rate). As consistent with other B&G acquisitions, the asset purchase structure will lead to higher free cash flow accretion—we estimate $0.43-0.45/share. Our new price target of $57 is based on our DCF analysis (see page 2) and equates to 20x 2018e EPS."
Shares of B&G Foods closed at $50.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!