RBC Capital Raises Price Target on B&G Foods (BGS) Following Announced Acquisition
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on B&G Foods (NYSE: BGS), and raised the price target to $57.00 (from $52.00), following the company's announced acquisition of the spices business of ACH Food Companies. The acquisition price equates to approximately 9.4x EBITDA before synergies and excluding the cash tax benefit from asset purchase accounting. RBC anticipates roughly $200M of the $365M deal price will be paid with cash on hand.
Analyst David Palmer commented, "Following the announced acquisition of ACH’s spices business we are increasing our 2016e and 2017e EPS from $2.24 and $2.45 to $2.27 (+48% YOY; $2.19 cons.) and $2.71 (+19% YOY; $2.31 cons.). The higher estimates reflect roughly $30M in incremental EBIT from the deal, $4M in incremental interest cost and a 37% tax rate (consistent with the current corporate rate). As consistent with other B&G acquisitions, the asset purchase structure will lead to higher free cash flow accretion—we estimate $0.43-0.45/share. Our new price target of $57 is based on our DCF analysis (see page 2) and equates to 20x 2018e EPS."
Shares of B&G Foods closed at $50.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Yahoo! (YHOO): Downgrading To Hold, Raising PT - Jefferies
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $65 Following 3Q
- Baird Remains Sidelined on Seagate Technology (STX) Following 1Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!