RBC Capital Cuts Price Target on Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM) to $31; Reiterates Outperform
- Earnings lift S&P to two-week high; M&A supports
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
RBC Capital maintained an Outperform rating on Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ: SFM), and cut the price target to $31.00 (from $33.00). Sprouts lowered its 3Q and FY16 guidance ahead of presenting at a competitor conference to reflect persistent deflationary pressures and intensified promotional environment. Sprouts also announced a new $250m share buyback authorization expiring on December 31, 2017.
Analyst William Kirk commented, "While we still consider the deflationary pressures facing Sprouts and the industry to be transitory (PPI deflation leading CPI deflation), the depth and duration of the cycle have surprised us. As long as Sprouts is gaining transaction share and growing basket volume, we believe upside will be strong when inflation returns. We reiterate our Outperform rating while lowering our price target to $31 from $33."
Shares of Sprouts Farmers Market closed at $19.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on PPG Industries (PPG) - PT to $113
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Ahead of 1Q Release
- Susquehanna Cuts Price Target on KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Following Strong 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!