RBC Capital Cuts Price Target on Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM) to $31; Reiterates Outperform
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital maintained an Outperform rating on Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ: SFM), and cut the price target to $31.00 (from $33.00). Sprouts lowered its 3Q and FY16 guidance ahead of presenting at a competitor conference to reflect persistent deflationary pressures and intensified promotional environment. Sprouts also announced a new $250m share buyback authorization expiring on December 31, 2017.
Analyst William Kirk commented, "While we still consider the deflationary pressures facing Sprouts and the industry to be transitory (PPI deflation leading CPI deflation), the depth and duration of the cycle have surprised us. As long as Sprouts is gaining transaction share and growing basket volume, we believe upside will be strong when inflation returns. We reiterate our Outperform rating while lowering our price target to $31 from $33."
Shares of Sprouts Farmers Market closed at $19.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades EMCOR Group (EME) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!