RBC Capital Cuts Price Target on Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM) to $29
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital maintained an Outperform rating on Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ: SFM), and cut the price target to $29.00 (from $31.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Sprouts reported comparable store sales growth of +1.3%, ahead of consensus estimate of +0.3%. Revenues of $1.04bn also beat consensus' $1.01bn. EPS of $0.16 slightly missed consensus of $0.17.
Analyst William Kirk commented, "By responding to increased competitor promo (highlighted Sept 8th), gross margins have come under pressure. We are not sure why this is surprising. We found the comparable sales response to elevated price investment encouraging. We believe the elasticity on the price investment was strong, and likely ROIC favorable to the alternative of not matching competitor promo. Reiterate Outperform on outsized leverage to cycle improving."
Shares of Sprouts Farmers Market closed at $20.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!