RBC Capital Cuts Price Target on Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM) to $29
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital maintained an Outperform rating on Sprouts Farmers Market (NASDAQ: SFM), and cut the price target to $29.00 (from $31.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. Sprouts reported comparable store sales growth of +1.3%, ahead of consensus estimate of +0.3%. Revenues of $1.04bn also beat consensus' $1.01bn. EPS of $0.16 slightly missed consensus of $0.17.
Analyst William Kirk commented, "By responding to increased competitor promo (highlighted Sept 8th), gross margins have come under pressure. We are not sure why this is surprising. We found the comparable sales response to elevated price investment encouraging. We believe the elasticity on the price investment was strong, and likely ROIC favorable to the alternative of not matching competitor promo. Reiterate Outperform on outsized leverage to cycle improving."
Shares of Sprouts Farmers Market closed at $20.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- RBC Keeps United Natural Foods (UNFI) at 'Sector Perform' Following Q1 Report; Notes Cloudier Visibility
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!