RBC Capital Cuts Price Target on SUPERVALU (SVU) to $6; Reiterates Sector Perform
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital reiterated a Sector Perform rating on SUPERVALU (NYSE: SVU), and cut the price target to $6.00 (from $7.00), after the company adjusts outlook. SUPERVALU lowered its FY17 adjusted EBITDA outlook and 2Q identical store sales guidance for SaveA-Lot and its Retail segment. SVU now expects 2Q ID sales at Save-A-Lot and Retail to be lower than 1Q, and FY17 EBITDA to be -5% y/y (from -1.5%).
Analyst William Kirk commented, "After SVU's release and industry presentation, we are lowering numbers. While the wholesale side of the business has shown nice resiliency, the retail portions (including Save-A-Lot) are under intense macro and competitive pressure. If it were just macro pressure, we would be more constructive, but Save-A-Lot overlaps with many of the bestresourced price competitors in (and entering) the market. Reiterating Sector Perform and lowering price target to $6 from $7."
Shares of SUPERVALU closed at $4.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Susquehanna Cuts Price Target on KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Following Strong 1Q
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $140 at Guggenheim
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!