RBC Capital Cuts Price Target on Pentair (PNR) to $66 Following 3Q Report
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital maintained an Outperform rating on Pentair (NYSE: PNR), and cut the price target to $66.00 (from $73.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. PNR lowered 2016 guidance on lack of seasonal 4Q demand uptick due to “industrial recession”. 2016 EPS guidance was cut by -3.8% to a new point-target of $3.00, and management issued 4Q16 EPS roughly -16% below consensus.
Analyst Deane Dray commented, "We believe that investors may have become a bit too complacent on cyclical risk to Outperform-rated Pentair, especially given the divestiture of Valves to Emerson. But the slower-growth macro exposed Pentair’s vulnerability to the remaining 10% oil mix and broader industrial capex/opex, resulting in a 3Q operating miss and 4Q guidance miss. Early read on 2017 does not assume any macro improvement."
Shares of Pentair closed at $55.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!