RBC Capital Cuts Price Target on Pentair (PNR) to $66 Following 3Q Report
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
RBC Capital maintained an Outperform rating on Pentair (NYSE: PNR), and cut the price target to $66.00 (from $73.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. PNR lowered 2016 guidance on lack of seasonal 4Q demand uptick due to “industrial recession”. 2016 EPS guidance was cut by -3.8% to a new point-target of $3.00, and management issued 4Q16 EPS roughly -16% below consensus.
Analyst Deane Dray commented, "We believe that investors may have become a bit too complacent on cyclical risk to Outperform-rated Pentair, especially given the divestiture of Valves to Emerson. But the slower-growth macro exposed Pentair’s vulnerability to the remaining 10% oil mix and broader industrial capex/opex, resulting in a 3Q operating miss and 4Q guidance miss. Early read on 2017 does not assume any macro improvement."
Shares of Pentair closed at $55.92 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Following 3Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!