RBC Capital Cuts Price Target on IDEX Corp. (IEX) to $101; Reiterates Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on IDEX Corp (NYSE: IEX), and cut the price target to $101.00 (from $105.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. IDEX’s in-line 3Q16 EPS and roughly unchanged 2016 guidance midpoint stand out as holding up relatively well. Management noted that the shortfalls and pushouts in “big ticket” project spending was largely borne from an erosion of CEO confidence and the second-derivative ripple effects of the oil sector collapse.
Analyst Deane Dray commented, "Despite tempering its organic growth outlook, Outperformrated IDEX’s in-line 3Q earnings and unchanged 2016 guidance midpoint are likely to compare favorably to the rest of its Multi-Industry sector peers this earnings season. Its mix of highly-engineered products is more insulated from the big-ticket capex squeeze pressuring most industrials. We like the prospects for an M&A catalyst from the reiterated $1 bil balance sheet capacity."
Shares of IDEX Corp closed at $86.79 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!