RBC Asks 'What's the Holdup?' on Lam Research's (LRCX) Deal with KLA-Tencor (KLAC)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Analyst Amit Daryanani commented,
Before market open, LRCX announced that it has become more likely that obtaining regulatory clearances for the LRCX/KLAC deal in one or more jurisdictions may extend beyond October 20, 2016 (the timeline LRCX had noted during their June EPS call). No specific date was set for the anticipated deal closure in the recent press release. The key regulatory bodies left to approve the deal include the DOJ, and competing authorities in Korea, Japan, and China.
While it is unclear from the release which of the regulatory bodies are specifically holding up the process, we think the DOJ second request and South Korea decision to further review the transaction are the largest hurdles for the transaction. Its notable that LRCX refrained from providing an updated timeline for deal close, something they have done consistently in the past.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- UPDATE: Summit Materials (SUM) Declares Special Stock Dividend of 0.012 Shares
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!