RBC Asks 'What's the Holdup?' on Lam Research's (LRCX) Deal with KLA-Tencor (KLAC)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Analyst Amit Daryanani commented,
Before market open, LRCX announced that it has become more likely that obtaining regulatory clearances for the LRCX/KLAC deal in one or more jurisdictions may extend beyond October 20, 2016 (the timeline LRCX had noted during their June EPS call). No specific date was set for the anticipated deal closure in the recent press release. The key regulatory bodies left to approve the deal include the DOJ, and competing authorities in Korea, Japan, and China.
While it is unclear from the release which of the regulatory bodies are specifically holding up the process, we think the DOJ second request and South Korea decision to further review the transaction are the largest hurdles for the transaction. Its notable that LRCX refrained from providing an updated timeline for deal close, something they have done consistently in the past.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!