RBC Affirms NVIDIA (NVDA) at 'Outperform' Amid Move to Raise Funds for Capital Allocation
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
RBC Capital affirms NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) with an Outperform rating and $72 price target as the company girds to raise debt.
Analyst Mitch Steves said today,
Nvidia is in process of negotiating and arranging a revolving credit facility with aggregate commitment of up to $750M. The filing notes that the proceeds will be used to pay down convertible notes and general corporate purposes (we think buybacks at this time). With the majority of NVDA's cash held overseas ~75%, we think this gives the Company additional US based cash to help with capital allocation in the future. Net Net: we think the Company is looking for ways to raise US funds for capital allocation at this time given than the majority of their cash balance is held overseas.
According to the latest 10-K filing the Company has $3.7B in cash held overseas and $1.3B held in the US (or approximately 74% held abroad). As of the latest quarter the company has $4.9B in cash, and we think the ratio has remained largely unchanged suggesting that ~$3.7B is held overseas at this time (~75%).
Assuming the Company repurchased $750M in shares this would result in a share count reduction of 12.5M (assumes $60 price). If this were to occur today, it would result in ~$0.05 in EPS accretion on an annual basis or +3%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NVIDIA (NVDA) Appoints Tim Teter EVP/General Counsel
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Health Care REIT (HCN) to Hold
- JPMorgan Cuts Teva Pharma (TEVA) to Neutral Amid Challenging Generic Environment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!