RBC Affirms Grainger (GWW) at 'Underperform'; Prelim. FY17 Outlook Slightly Below Views
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
The firm noted
- Preliminary 2017 EPS guidance 2.9% below skeptical consensus; unsurprisingly reaffirms 2016 EPS guidance. At its annual Analyst Meeting on Nov-11, Grainger provided preliminary 2017 EPS guidance of $11.30-$12.40, falling 35c/2.9% short of $12.20 consensus at the midpoint, as well as our $12.25 estimate. We note that the $1.10 wide range is meaningfully tighter than last year’s initial $2.20 wide preliminary range for 2016. Sales are expected to be up 2%-6%, implying roughly $10.6 billion at the midpoint, a touch above $10.5 billion consensus and our $10.4 billion estimate. Unsurprisingly, the 2016 EPS range was reiterated.
- October daily sales flat as-expected; preliminary November sales weaker and “slightly below” October on easier comp. Following Fastenal’s better October update, expectations for October were slightly elevated, and they ultimately came in as-expected at flat overall, with organic sales also flat. For November, total sales are trending “slightly below” October, though this is on an easier comp, and implies some underlying deceleration on a two-year-stack. We view this as a negative incremental development.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Itron (ITRI) to $70; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Guidance
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!