RBC Affirms Concordia (CXRX) at 'Outperform' as Q2 Profit Meets Lowered Expectations
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
RBC Capital is out with initial commentary on Concordia International (Nasdaq: CXRX) following Q2 results and other matters announced earlier. The firm rates CXRX at Outperform wth a price target of $33.
Analyst Douglas Miehm commented,
CXRX's Q2 results, which faced lower expectations from the street, were in-line with consensus. In our view, the results were slightly above our expectations but we anticipate the focus will be on the revised guidance as the company lowered its 2016 guidance below the street's revised expectations. We also note that EVP & Board Member Ed Borkowski will replace Adrian de Saldanha as CFO of Concordia. Mr. Borkowski has held CFO roles at Amerigen Pharmaceuticals and Mylan and we view his appointment positively.
Management lowered its 2016 guidance from $1.02-1.06B to $859-888MM in revenue (consensus $944MM). Adj. EBITDA guidance was also lowered from $610-640MM to $510-540MM (consensus $579MM). Prior guidance was based on 1.53x GBP/USD exchange rate and current guidance is based on 1.31x GBP/USD exchange rate. Guidance was lowered to reflect competitive pressure in Donnatal and Plaquenil, genericization of Nilandron, and FX impact.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!