Qualcomm (QCOM) PT Raised to $75 at Canaccord Genuity
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Canaccord Genuity analyst T. Michael Walkley reiterated a Buy rating and raised his price target on Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) to $75.00 (from $70.00), saying while the Galaxy Note 7 recall will have a slight impact to near-term estimates, a potential NXP (NASDAQ: NXPI) acquisition would be accretive.
The firm is lowering F’17 MSM shipment estimates following the discontinuation of the Galaxy Note 7. They believe Qualcomm will have a modest impact of lower Snapdragon 820 sales during the December and March quarters, as we estimate the Note 7 would sell about 20M units annually.
Given their belief the acquisition of NXP Semiconductors could happen and would provide a strong use of offshore cash and diversify Qualcomm into important automotive and IoT markets, they have provided an analysis. Their pro forma estimates are potentially conservative and indicate roughly 15% 2018 non-GAAP EPS accretion should the acquisition occur with 75% cash and 25% Qualcomm stock at $120/share.
Shares of Qualcomm closed at $66.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Qualcomm (QCOM), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) Deal Could be Announced Next Week - Bloomberg
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCanaccord Genuity, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!