Q3 3D Printing Survey Hits a New Low - Piper Jaffray (SSYS) (DDD)
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
3D printing names Stratasys Inc. (NASDAQ: SSYS) and 3D Systems (NYSE: DDD) are down 2.5% and 3.8%, respectively, following a cautious note from Piper Jaffray's Troy Jensen following the firm's Q3 3D Printing Survey.
Jensen sees challenging demand in Q3 and said the survey "had the lowest percentage of above plan responses in the history of us conducting this survey."
The shortfall is being driven by the sustained weakness in the prototyping industry, increased competition, as well as macro headwinds, he said.
Jensen said the results were "extremely discouraging" for both Stratasys and 3D Systems, and both companies' survey results down ticked off Q2 historical lows.
Amid the survey results the firm would be cautious on the group heading into the Q3 print.
Despite the negative tone of the report, the firm sees limited downside SSYS give its low valuation and reiterated a Neutral and price target of $23. Due to DDD's internal issues and premium valuation they see more downside and reiterated an Underweight rating and $10.50 price target.
Shares of Stratasys Inc. closed at $22.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Callidus Software (CALD) Said Mentioned Cautiously at Off Wall Street
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on W.R. Grace & Co. (GRA); Reiterates Buy
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Troy Jensen
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!