Pure Storage (PSTG) Solid in Q2, FlashBlade Remains in Focus - Stifel
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Stifel affirms its Buy rating and $20 on Pure Storage (NYSE: PSTG) following the company's Q217 results issued Thursday night.
The firm commented,
Pure reported solid F2Q17 upside of $163.2M / ($0.16) vs. our $155.1M / ($0.23) estimate; Pure guided F2Q17 at $153-$157M w/ a -26% to -30% EBIT%. F3Q17 outlook at $187-$195M with a -13.5% to -17.5% EBIT% compares to our prior $191.8M / -14% estimate. We believe Pure’s constructive commentary on the new FlashBlade systems will leave investors to think about materializing upside potential through 2HF2017 and more notably F2018.
Pure has now beat our / street initial post-IPO revenue expectations by ~23% (+$108M), while impressively generating cumulative non-GAAP EBIT upside of ~$99M; Pure's cumulative opex has also been ~$11M lower than initial post-IPO estimates. At a sub-2x NTM EV/sales multiple, coupled with our increased belief that FlashBlade could become a significant incremental driver into C2017-beyond and Pure’s overall architectural decisions (e.g., NVMe w/ NVMe-over-Fabrics becoming an increasing focus), we believe a positive re-rate in shares should be considered.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades PennTex Midstream Partners, LP (PTXP) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Coca-Cola European Partners (CCE) to Hold
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Gibraltar Industries (ROCK) to $52; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesStifel, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!