Pure Storage (PSTG) Solid in Q2, FlashBlade Remains in Focus - Stifel
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Stifel affirms its Buy rating and $20 on Pure Storage (NYSE: PSTG) following the company's Q217 results issued Thursday night.
The firm commented,
Pure reported solid F2Q17 upside of $163.2M / ($0.16) vs. our $155.1M / ($0.23) estimate; Pure guided F2Q17 at $153-$157M w/ a -26% to -30% EBIT%. F3Q17 outlook at $187-$195M with a -13.5% to -17.5% EBIT% compares to our prior $191.8M / -14% estimate. We believe Pure’s constructive commentary on the new FlashBlade systems will leave investors to think about materializing upside potential through 2HF2017 and more notably F2018.
Pure has now beat our / street initial post-IPO revenue expectations by ~23% (+$108M), while impressively generating cumulative non-GAAP EBIT upside of ~$99M; Pure's cumulative opex has also been ~$11M lower than initial post-IPO estimates. At a sub-2x NTM EV/sales multiple, coupled with our increased belief that FlashBlade could become a significant incremental driver into C2017-beyond and Pure’s overall architectural decisions (e.g., NVMe w/ NVMe-over-Fabrics becoming an increasing focus), we believe a positive re-rate in shares should be considered.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- FBR Capital Reiterates Outperform on Verizon Communications (VZ) Following Solid 3Q
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesStifel, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!