Pure Storage (PSTG) Seen as 'Underappreciated' at Oppenheimer'; Rating Raised to Outperform
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - August 31, 2016 9:16 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded Pure Storage (NYSE: PSTG) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $15. Analyst Ittai Kidron thinks the company's potential is underappreciated and he said "too much negativism is built-in."
"We're bullish on Pure's progress toward CF break-even and profitability, and its ability to capitalize on differentiated technology, AFA growth, and on expansion opportunities with new products (especially FlashBlade), new customers, and internationally. We believe concerns regarding GM declines are an overreaction, and that within two to three quarters a recovery and potential expansion are possible as FlashBlade comes up its production curve," said Kidron.
The analyst added, "Pure's focused on the right part of the storage market and has yet to fully benefit from expansion opportunities with SMB (m10) and large-scale AFA deployments (FlashBlade). Given the multiple growth vectors and steady progress toward profitability and positive cash flow, we believe too much negativism is builtin on the near-term GM dip."
Shares of Pure Storage closed at $11.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Swift Transportation (SWFT) to Buy
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
- UBS Raises Price Target on Zions Bancorp (ZION) to $29 Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesIttai Kidron
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!