Pure Storage (PSTG) Seen as 'Underappreciated' at Oppenheimer'; Rating Raised to Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 31, 2016 9:16 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded Pure Storage (NYSE: PSTG) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $15. Analyst Ittai Kidron thinks the company's potential is underappreciated and he said "too much negativism is built-in."
"We're bullish on Pure's progress toward CF break-even and profitability, and its ability to capitalize on differentiated technology, AFA growth, and on expansion opportunities with new products (especially FlashBlade), new customers, and internationally. We believe concerns regarding GM declines are an overreaction, and that within two to three quarters a recovery and potential expansion are possible as FlashBlade comes up its production curve," said Kidron.
The analyst added, "Pure's focused on the right part of the storage market and has yet to fully benefit from expansion opportunities with SMB (m10) and large-scale AFA deployments (FlashBlade). Given the multiple growth vectors and steady progress toward profitability and positive cash flow, we believe too much negativism is builtin on the near-term GM dip."
Shares of Pure Storage closed at $11.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Following 3Q Report
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
- Deutsche Bank Upgrades American Axle (AXL) and Dana to (DAN) Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesIttai Kidron
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!