Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG): Cautious Into Earnings - Baird
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Baird analyst, Jayson, Noland, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of Pure Storage (NYSE: PSTG) heading into the earnings release. He is cautious on shares of PSTG and expects to see some evidence of competitive pressure in revenue or gross margin in the near term.
NetApp (NASDAQL NTAP) is clearly showing AFA momentum and checks say it’s sustainable. The company has a migration advantage within its legacy 7 install base plus feature/functionality mobility. NetApp is also successfully using contractual guarantees that address performance and footprint. The analyst is hearing good things about All-Flash 3PAR from HP and he expects Dell to get incrementally aggressive with EMC once the deal closes.
No change to the price target of $12.
Shares of Pure Storage closed at $11.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Weingarten Realty Investors (WRI) Reports In-Line 3Q
- Calamos Asset Management (CLMS) Tops Q3 EPS by 10c
- Investors Bancorp (ISBC) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!