Progressive Corp (PRG) Added to Credit Suisse Focus List with Negative View
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Credit Suisse added Progressive Corp. (NYSE: PGR) to its U.S. Focus List with a negative bent. The firm reiterated an Underperform rating and price target of $28.
The firm's thesis: "Our bottom-up analysis shows that high growth levels only accounted for around half of the 2.5-3.0 points of margin deterioration, pointing to risk to 2017 consensus estimates. Margin stabilization is likely to come at a price given the current loss trend environment. As a result the set of profitability/growth permutations that we see as realistic may come as a disappointment given the stock’s lofty historical valuation."
Shares of Progressive Corp. closed at $32.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Credit Suisse US Focus List
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!