Procter & Gamble (PG): Share Losses Will Stabilize Over Time - UBS
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst, Stephen Powers, reiteated his Buy rating on shares of Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) noting that he does not expect the operating environment to improve near-term since new grooming entrants (Harry's/Dollar Shave Club) are committed to increasing their presence in the category (through new distribution points in the case of Harry's, Unilever-funded investments in the case of DSC), intellectual property disputes are still active, and EPC may accelerate investment in its second year of standalone operation.
However, despite these problems, the analyst believes PG has the ability to stabilize share losses over time with selective reinvestments in value innovations, A&P, price, and emerging channels.
The analyst is modeling accelerated organic growth for Grooming in FY17 and FY18 (ultimately to +3.5% from +1.0% in FY16)—we expect ~+150 bps of this growth to be driven annually by improvements in US grooming specifically.
No change to the price target of $96.
Shares of Procter & Gamble closed at $88.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Reacts To Favorable FDA Decision For Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ)
- Canaccord Genuity Raises Price Target on Boeing (BA) Ahead of 4Q Release
- ADDING MULTIMEDIA Dawn® and Shedd Aquarium Inspire Next Generation of Wildlife Enthusiasts
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!