Pressure Building to Remove Black Box from TherapeuticsMD's (TXMD) Yuvexxy - Goldman Sachs
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Goldman Sachs analyst Jami Rubin notes that a letter from from Congress builds pressure to remove TherapeuticsMD (NYSE: TXMD) Black Box. This as the stock has been under pressure from short seller. The analyst maintained a Buy rating and price target of $10.50 on TXMD.
"We note that pressure to approve the removal of the black box label for Yuvexxy is growing, as indicated by a letter sent to the FDA on October 11, 2016 (obtained through the Freedom of Information Act) and signed by 70 (predominately female) members of Congress," Rubin notes. "While it is unclear whether the letter itself will impact the FDA’s decision, it does represent growing momentum for a movement made by patients, practitioners, and the wider medical community to increase accessibility for low-dose estrogen products that pose limited systemic risk based on PK studies within the Rejoice trial."
The firm sees this as an attractive buying opportunity for TXMD, with a catalyst-rich 2017 ahead, and the upcoming data from the phase 3 REPLENISH study, which we expect, roughly, within the next 30 days.
Shares of TherapeuticsMD closed at $5.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Says FDA Accepts First BLA for Durvalumab in Bladder Cancer with Priority Review
- Express Scripts (ESRX) on Watch Amid Citron Interview
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Issues Statement on DOJ Charges Versus Former Employees
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Short Sales, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!