Praxair (PX): A 26% Control Premium Would Still Net 8% ROIC - Jefferies
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Lawrence Alexander, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Praxair Inc. (NYSE: PX) and noted that a Praxair-Linde tie-up would be another twist in the M&A rumors but not the most unlikely. Asset disposals are hardly crippling in a business of regional oligopolies, and the transaction could fix strategic challenges for both companies. The analyst estimates Praxair could pay a 26% control premium, 50% equity, and still achieve an 8% ROIC in FY3 and improve FCF/Share by $1.70.
The analyst did not change his price target of $140.
Shares of Praxair Inc. closed at $118.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!