Praxair (PX): A 26% Control Premium Would Still Net 8% ROIC - Jefferies
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Lawrence Alexander, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Praxair Inc. (NYSE: PX) and noted that a Praxair-Linde tie-up would be another twist in the M&A rumors but not the most unlikely. Asset disposals are hardly crippling in a business of regional oligopolies, and the transaction could fix strategic challenges for both companies. The analyst estimates Praxair could pay a 26% control premium, 50% equity, and still achieve an 8% ROIC in FY3 and improve FCF/Share by $1.70.
The analyst did not change his price target of $140.
Shares of Praxair Inc. closed at $118.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target as Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Posts 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!