Popular (BPOP): Reiterating Overweight - Piper Jaffray
- Wall St. set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Dollar recoups losses, caution sets in ahead of Trump inauguration
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Brett Rabatin, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Popular, Inc. (NASDAQ: BPOP). Besides solid 2Q16 earnings and some hope for a better eventual outlook for Puerto Rico with PROMESA, the analyst believes shares of BPOP have moved higher due to investors realizing the capital plan this fall will likely include a buyback accretive to EPS and TBVPS over the next year.
While some investors may be concerned that the positive "buyback news" is in the shares, the analyst thinks the buyback, potential M&A, and possibly lower credit costs over the next year will result in the shares reaching his 1x TBVPS target.
No change to the price target of $48.00
Shares of Popular, Inc. closed at $37.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades TCF Financial (TCB) to Hold
- United Rentals (URI) PT Raised to $130 at Jefferies Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!