Popular (BPOP): Reiterating Overweight - Piper Jaffray
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Brett Rabatin, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Popular, Inc. (NASDAQ: BPOP). Besides solid 2Q16 earnings and some hope for a better eventual outlook for Puerto Rico with PROMESA, the analyst believes shares of BPOP have moved higher due to investors realizing the capital plan this fall will likely include a buyback accretive to EPS and TBVPS over the next year.
While some investors may be concerned that the positive "buyback news" is in the shares, the analyst thinks the buyback, potential M&A, and possibly lower credit costs over the next year will result in the shares reaching his 1x TBVPS target.
No change to the price target of $48.00
Shares of Popular, Inc. closed at $37.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!