Plug Power (PLUG) China Deal Shows Expansion Beyond Material Handling - FBR
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital analyst Carter Driscoll reiterated an Outperform rating and $2.50 price target on Plug Power (NASDAQ: PLUG) after the company announced a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Zhangjiagang Furui Special Equipment Co. (Furui) and an unnamed Chinese industrial vehicle OEM (but considered one of the three largest) to develop new fuel cell applications and hydrogen fueling solutions targeting the commercial and industrial electric vehicle (EV) market in China.
The analyst notes the three companies will collaborate to build commercial fuel cell EVs and hydrogen fueling station solutions. By March 2017, the collaborators want to deliver two industrial delivery truck prototypes and, within one year following that, approximately 500 vehicles and a fueling station in the Shanxi province.
" This is another step in lateral expansion beyond fuel cell solutions for the material handling market that PLUG dominates, and the MOU formalizes PLUG's entry into what we believe is becoming the largest fuel cell market globally," Driscoll said.
Shares of Plug Power closed at $1.48 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!