Plug Power (PLUG): Improving Metrics As Customer Base Diversifies - FBR Capital
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FBR Capital analyst Carter Driscoll reiterated a Outperform rating and $3 price target on Plug Power (NASDAQ: PLUG) saying project financing obscures improving metrics.
Driscoll commented, "PLUG's 2Q16 results appear weak with $20.5 million in revenues, modestly positive gross margin, and GAAP EPS of ($0.07). However, PLUG is using more PPA project financing that obscures its financial improvements as management believes PPAs can drive faster sales cycles and accelerate cash flows. Adjusting for these newer financing alternatives, PLUG delivered $37.9 million in revenues, up 58% YOY. Adjusted gross margin of 16.1% was up almost 1,000 bps YOY, and adjusted EPS of ($0.04) were $0.02 ahead of our and consensus estimates. PLUG delivered solid 2Q16 and 1H16 bookings of $63 million and $135 million, respectively. Leading customer Wal-Mart was only 15% of 2Q16 bookings as PLUG added wins with Carrefour Group and FM Logistics as its European presence is expanding. PLUG reiterated its 2016 goals of more than $150 million in adjusted revenues, installation of >25 hydrogen infrastructure sites, more than 12% GAAP and 16% non-GAAP gross margin, and use of less than $20 million in operating cash flows. We see a path to positive cash flow in 2017 and reiterate our Outperform."
Shares of Plug Power closed at $1.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Sell on Corning (GLW) Following Solid 3Q
- Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Visa (V) Following Solid 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!