Pivotal Research Starts Liberty Media (LMCA) at Buy
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Pivotal Research initiated coverage on Liberty Media (NASDAQ: LMCA) with a Buy rating and a price target of $35, implying upside of 50%. Analyst Jeffrey Wlodarczak sees Formula 1 as an attractive business.
"We are initiating coverage on Liberty Media, soon to be known as Formula One Group (1Q’07), with a BUY rating and a $35 ’17 YE target which represents ~50% upside from current share price levels. In our opinion, Liberty’s acquisition of the Formula 1 racing league [F1], a very rare global sports content play and the #3 most watched global sporting event after the World Cup and the Olympics is a potential home run transaction. We expect Liberty management and former NWS COO/DTV CEO Chase Carey to drive improvements in the core racing product, exploit media/new media revenue opportunities dramatically better than the current owners, and long term attack the U.S. opportunity," said Wlodarczak.
Shares of Liberty Media closed at $24.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!