Pivotal Research Starts Liberty Media (LMCA) at Buy
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Pivotal Research initiated coverage on Liberty Media (NASDAQ: LMCA) with a Buy rating and a price target of $35, implying upside of 50%. Analyst Jeffrey Wlodarczak sees Formula 1 as an attractive business.
"We are initiating coverage on Liberty Media, soon to be known as Formula One Group (1Q’07), with a BUY rating and a $35 ’17 YE target which represents ~50% upside from current share price levels. In our opinion, Liberty’s acquisition of the Formula 1 racing league [F1], a very rare global sports content play and the #3 most watched global sporting event after the World Cup and the Olympics is a potential home run transaction. We expect Liberty management and former NWS COO/DTV CEO Chase Carey to drive improvements in the core racing product, exploit media/new media revenue opportunities dramatically better than the current owners, and long term attack the U.S. opportunity," said Wlodarczak.
Shares of Liberty Media closed at $24.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Entergy (ETR) to $72 Following Announced PPA Termination
- BTIG Starts VASCO Data Security (VDSI) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!