Piper's Gene Munster Comfortable with 11% Unit Growth After Apple's (AAPL) Announcemnt
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Gene Munster, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) along with his price target of $151.
The analyst stated " we believe the device will be compelling enough to encourage enough consumers to upgrade to return the company to growth. We remain comfortable in our 11% y/y iPhone unit growth estimate for FY17 ("the iPhone 7 cycle") and believe this overall return to growth will encourage investors to return to the stock".
The analyst is modeling 164 million iPhone 7 units in FY17 which is 70% of the total 234 million iPhone unit shipments. One interesting wrinkle in his thesis is that he expects 10 million users to switch from Android to iPhone. Since Apple has 50% market share in highend smartphones, this implies that there are around 400-500 million high-end Android device users worldwide. If this is correct, the 10 million switching number would be about 2% of that base.
Shares of Apple closed at $108.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS On Apple (AAPL) Tax Implications: Bad For Cash Flow, Positive For EPS
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) to $33
- Volatility and Volume movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Gene Munster
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!