Piper's Gene Munster Comfortable with 11% Unit Growth After Apple's (AAPL) Announcemnt
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Gene Munster, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) along with his price target of $151.
The analyst stated " we believe the device will be compelling enough to encourage enough consumers to upgrade to return the company to growth. We remain comfortable in our 11% y/y iPhone unit growth estimate for FY17 ("the iPhone 7 cycle") and believe this overall return to growth will encourage investors to return to the stock".
The analyst is modeling 164 million iPhone 7 units in FY17 which is 70% of the total 234 million iPhone unit shipments. One interesting wrinkle in his thesis is that he expects 10 million users to switch from Android to iPhone. Since Apple has 50% market share in highend smartphones, this implies that there are around 400-500 million high-end Android device users worldwide. If this is correct, the 10 million switching number would be about 2% of that base.
Shares of Apple closed at $108.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Gene Munster
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!