Piper Remains Neutral on CTI BioPharma (CTIC) Update Top-Line PERSIST-2 Data
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray affirms CTI BioPharma Corp. (Nasdaq: CTIC) with a Neutral rating and $0.75 price target after CTIC announced positive top-line results from PERSIST-2, a randomized, controlled Phase 3 clinical trial comparing pacritinib, an investigational oral multikinase inhibitor, with physician-specified best available therapy (BAT), including ruxolitinib, for the treatment of patients with myelofibrosis whose platelet counts are less than 100,000 per microliter.
Analyst Charles C. Duncan commented today,
Important from a safety perspective, there were no differences in the rate of bleeding, cardiac or mortality events between treatment arms. Together with PERSIST-1, today’s results suggest pacritinib is active in this high-risk subgroup and may provide greater clinical benefit than the current SOC.
That said, the program remains on clinical hold as regulators haven't yet resolved concerns about mortality events observed in both Phase IIIs. We continue to believe it’s possible the program can turn around, but visibility on timing and requirement of any additional trials remains low. In advance of updates on the clinical/regulatory path forward, we reiterate Neutral.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Lamar Advertising (LAMR) to Buy
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Yum China Holdings (YUMC) to Buy, Sees Selloff As Buying Opportunity Ahead Of Q4 Report
- Berenberg Downgrades Novartis (NVS) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!