Piper Remains Neutral on CTI BioPharma (CTIC) Update Top-Line PERSIST-2 Data
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray affirms CTI BioPharma Corp. (Nasdaq: CTIC) with a Neutral rating and $0.75 price target after CTIC announced positive top-line results from PERSIST-2, a randomized, controlled Phase 3 clinical trial comparing pacritinib, an investigational oral multikinase inhibitor, with physician-specified best available therapy (BAT), including ruxolitinib, for the treatment of patients with myelofibrosis whose platelet counts are less than 100,000 per microliter.
Analyst Charles C. Duncan commented today,
Important from a safety perspective, there were no differences in the rate of bleeding, cardiac or mortality events between treatment arms. Together with PERSIST-1, today’s results suggest pacritinib is active in this high-risk subgroup and may provide greater clinical benefit than the current SOC.
That said, the program remains on clinical hold as regulators haven't yet resolved concerns about mortality events observed in both Phase IIIs. We continue to believe it’s possible the program can turn around, but visibility on timing and requirement of any additional trials remains low. In advance of updates on the clinical/regulatory path forward, we reiterate Neutral.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Axovant Sciences (AXON) Risk/Reward 'Massively Skewed to the Upside' - Baird
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!