Piper Positive on Biogen's (BIIB) Nusinersen Potential, But Other Core Areas Questionable
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray affirms Biogen (Nasdaq: BIIB) at Neutral with a price target of $333 amid concerns about the company's core potential.
The firm commented today,
Of all our companies under coverage, we struggle with BIIB's rating the most given our enthusiastic outlook for nusinersen in SMA and a belief that consensus growth estimates are likely to move higher in the coming months to reflect a stronger NT growth trajectory.
But the company does face some meaningful threats to its core MS and hemophilia franchises while Rituxan may also face biosimilar competition. With the recent success of the nusinersen study for infantile onset SMA, we are accelerating and increasing estimates for this product in our model and raising our terminal growth rate, which increases our PT from $293 to new $333. We can understand why many investors are overweight BIIB and at the least see meaningful optionality from the Alzheimer's program, although we are quite bearish on amyloid as a suitable target for this indication.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Biogen (BIIB), Biotechs Gain Mid-Day
- Biogen (BIIB) PT Raised to $309 at Baird on Additional Sola Details
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!