Piper Jaffray Upgrades Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to Overweight
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray upgraded Zumiez, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZUMZ) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $28.00.
Analyst Neely Tamminga commented, "We are upgrading our investment rating on ZUMZ from Neutral to Overweight because proprietary survey data is pointing to strength for Zumiez and the brands it sells. Given the significant array of brands carried and sold by Zumiez, we created a Zumiez Brand Index to better gauge the mindshare in our data. Often these brands are limited in their distribution and nearly exclusive with Zumiez, so we believe a vote in one of the Zumiez-carried brands is a de facto vote for Zumiez. This fall, we note that among the upper-income teens in our survey, the Zumiez Brand Index carried 5.1% of the overall vote—up from 4.1% a year ago. When looking at the upper-income males, the Zumiez Brand Index accounted for 7.9% of the mindshare, up from 6.7% a year ago, and comparable to brands like Ralph Lauren and American Eagle in our top ten survey."
Shares of Zumiez, Inc. closed at $22.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Pandora (P) to Outperform
- Western Digital (WDC): Takeaways From Analyst Day, Raising PT - Susquehanna
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $72 at Mizuho Securities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Neely Tamminga
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!