Piper Jaffray Upgrades Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to Overweight
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Piper Jaffray upgraded Zumiez, Inc. (NASDAQ: ZUMZ) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $28.00.
Analyst Neely Tamminga commented, "We are upgrading our investment rating on ZUMZ from Neutral to Overweight because proprietary survey data is pointing to strength for Zumiez and the brands it sells. Given the significant array of brands carried and sold by Zumiez, we created a Zumiez Brand Index to better gauge the mindshare in our data. Often these brands are limited in their distribution and nearly exclusive with Zumiez, so we believe a vote in one of the Zumiez-carried brands is a de facto vote for Zumiez. This fall, we note that among the upper-income teens in our survey, the Zumiez Brand Index carried 5.1% of the overall vote—up from 4.1% a year ago. When looking at the upper-income males, the Zumiez Brand Index accounted for 7.9% of the mindshare, up from 6.7% a year ago, and comparable to brands like Ralph Lauren and American Eagle in our top ten survey."
Shares of Zumiez, Inc. closed at $22.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mitsubishi UFJ Upgrades Concho Resources (CXO) to Overweight
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Marriott International (MAR) to Conviction Buy, Says Co Best Positioned In Lodging Universe
- Mitsubishi UFJ Downgrades Anadarko Petroleum (APC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Neely Tamminga
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!