Piper Jaffray Upgrades Under Armour, Inc. (UA) to Overweight
- Wall Street opens flat as investors assess earnings
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray upgraded Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE: UA) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $44.00 (from $40.00).
Analyst Erinn E. Murphy commented, "We are upgrading UA from Neutral to Overweight on the heels of our 32nd semi-annual Taking Stock With Teens survey. While we are leaving our estimates unchanged, we are raising our multiple from 55x to 60x our FY17 EPS on the belief that UA shares are poised for re-accelerated global growth. From an industry perspective, the sporting goods channel is less noisy than when UA pre-announced on 5/31. Further, we believe UA's inventory is in good shape, noting Q2's inventory growth of 30% vs. sales growth of 28%. Going forward, we see four positive catalysts: 1) uptrend in athletic footwear; 2) improved traction in women's; 3) accelerating international growth with profitability inflecting; and 4) Kohl's roll-out which we believe can be $150-$200M next year. Importantly, UA did not guide its 2H to assume a "cold winter." Should cold weather materialize, we see upside to the top-line."
Shares of Under Armour, Inc. closed at $38.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Piper Jaffray Recommends Buying Under Armour (UA) on This Morning's Weakness
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Hold
- Fossil Group (FOSL): Successful Wearables Launch May Open The Door To Growth - Wells Fargo
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!