Piper Jaffray Upgrades Under Armour, Inc. (UA) to Overweight
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray upgraded Under Armour, Inc. (NYSE: UA) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $44.00 (from $40.00).
Analyst Erinn E. Murphy commented, "We are upgrading UA from Neutral to Overweight on the heels of our 32nd semi-annual Taking Stock With Teens survey. While we are leaving our estimates unchanged, we are raising our multiple from 55x to 60x our FY17 EPS on the belief that UA shares are poised for re-accelerated global growth. From an industry perspective, the sporting goods channel is less noisy than when UA pre-announced on 5/31. Further, we believe UA's inventory is in good shape, noting Q2's inventory growth of 30% vs. sales growth of 28%. Going forward, we see four positive catalysts: 1) uptrend in athletic footwear; 2) improved traction in women's; 3) accelerating international growth with profitability inflecting; and 4) Kohl's roll-out which we believe can be $150-$200M next year. Importantly, UA did not guide its 2H to assume a "cold winter." Should cold weather materialize, we see upside to the top-line."
Shares of Under Armour, Inc. closed at $38.52 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on PG&E Corp. (PCG) to $65 Following Rate Case Decision
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!