Piper Jaffray Upgrades BioCryst Pharma (BCRX) to Overweight
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray upgraded BioCryst Pharma (NASDAQ: BCRX) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $8.00 (from $5.00) after the company dosed the first patient in its APeX-1 trial of '7353.
Analyst Charles C. Duncan commented, "On Thursday Biocryst dosed the first patient in its APeX-1 trial of '7353 and we’re upgrading shares from Neutral to Overweight as this program appears to be back on track and well-funded to produce the first meaningful Phase II results as early as YE16. We continue to believe that an oral candidate for HAE attack prevention can produce significant clinical value, and we’re encouraged Biocryst is now focused solely on 1x-daily ‘7353. We believe this second-gen candidate can overcome past formulation challenges to offer consistent, therapeutic kallikrein inhibition and are supportive of the APeX-1 trial design which appears well-vetted and risk-reduced compared to its past efforts. In advance of the APeX-1 Part 1 results ~YE16 to more fully characterize efficacy and safety of ‘7353, and to inform clean trial conduct in HAE attack prevention, we are moving to OW and increasing our PT from $5 to $8."
Shares of BioCryst Pharma closed at $5.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- KLR Group Raise Price Target on Oasis Petroleum (OAS) to $22; Reiterates Buy
- RBC Capital Downgrades Concordia Healthcare (CXRX) to Underperform, $1 PT
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!