Piper Jaffray Upgrades Akorn (AKRX) to Overweight
- Wall Street climbs in wake of first presidential face-off
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Tempur Sealy (TPX) Updates on Outlook; Sees Q3 Sales Below Prior Expectations
- Galectin (GALT) Reports Exploratory Phase 2a Pilot Trial of GR-MD-02 in Nash Misses Primary Biomarker Endpoint; Announces $1.5M Private Placement
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/27: (SEED) (GALE) (CTAS) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (NKE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 15, 2016 10:11 AM EDT)
Piper Jaffray upgraded Akorn (NASDAQ: AKRX) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $34. Analyst David Amsellem noted favorable/stable dynamics surrounding key products in the base generics business.
Amsellem explained, "Though there is still uncertainty over the longer-term trajectory and competitive dynamics surrounding injectable ephedrine (which accounted for 21% of 2Q16 sales), a closer look at overall volume trends across the AKRX commercial portfolio suggests to us that the base business is on sustainable footing. That dynamic along with a deep pipeline (85+ pending abbreviated NDA (aNDA) filings) makes it easier for us to envision at least modest earnings growth in 2017 even in the face of pressure on ephedrine, and with the impact of new approvals, accelerating EPS growth beyond 2017. This points to an attractive valuation in the context of a P/E of 12x our 2017 EPS estimate of $2.38 (and the strong balance sheet, with debt/EBITDA of 1.3x, doesn't hurt either)."
Shares of Akorn closed at $27.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Thinks Lilly (LLY) is Compelling With or Without Potential Blockbuster AD Drug Sola; Analyst Raises Rating to 'Buy'
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Civitas Solutions (CIVI) to $24; Expects 2017 Headwinds
- Seaport Global Securities Downgrades Regal Beloit (RBC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!