Piper Jaffray Upgrades Akorn (AKRX) to Overweight
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 15, 2016 10:11 AM EDT)
Piper Jaffray upgraded Akorn (NASDAQ: AKRX) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $34. Analyst David Amsellem noted favorable/stable dynamics surrounding key products in the base generics business.
Amsellem explained, "Though there is still uncertainty over the longer-term trajectory and competitive dynamics surrounding injectable ephedrine (which accounted for 21% of 2Q16 sales), a closer look at overall volume trends across the AKRX commercial portfolio suggests to us that the base business is on sustainable footing. That dynamic along with a deep pipeline (85+ pending abbreviated NDA (aNDA) filings) makes it easier for us to envision at least modest earnings growth in 2017 even in the face of pressure on ephedrine, and with the impact of new approvals, accelerating EPS growth beyond 2017. This points to an attractive valuation in the context of a P/E of 12x our 2017 EPS estimate of $2.38 (and the strong balance sheet, with debt/EBITDA of 1.3x, doesn't hurt either)."
Shares of Akorn closed at $27.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Akorn (AKRX) at Sell
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!