Piper Jaffray Upgrades Akorn (AKRX) to Overweight
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Calls Apple's (AAPL) Claims 'Baseless'
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Kate Spade (KATE) Said to Attract Interest from Coach (COH) and Michael Kors (KORS) - Bloomberg
- Oil falls as signs of U.S. output rise overshadow OPEC-led cuts
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 15, 2016 10:11 AM EDT)
Piper Jaffray upgraded Akorn (NASDAQ: AKRX) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $34. Analyst David Amsellem noted favorable/stable dynamics surrounding key products in the base generics business.
Amsellem explained, "Though there is still uncertainty over the longer-term trajectory and competitive dynamics surrounding injectable ephedrine (which accounted for 21% of 2Q16 sales), a closer look at overall volume trends across the AKRX commercial portfolio suggests to us that the base business is on sustainable footing. That dynamic along with a deep pipeline (85+ pending abbreviated NDA (aNDA) filings) makes it easier for us to envision at least modest earnings growth in 2017 even in the face of pressure on ephedrine, and with the impact of new approvals, accelerating EPS growth beyond 2017. This points to an attractive valuation in the context of a P/E of 12x our 2017 EPS estimate of $2.38 (and the strong balance sheet, with debt/EBITDA of 1.3x, doesn't hurt either)."
Shares of Akorn closed at $27.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Preferred Bank (PFBC) PT Raised to $65 at FBR Capital Following 4Q EPS Beat
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Downgrades Verizon Communications (VZ) to Market Perform
- Wal-Mart (WMT) PT Lowered to $70 at Morgan Stanley, Says Food Price Deflation Is A Wildcard, Concerned Over Slowdown In Site Visitations
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!