Piper Jaffray Stays Bullish on Mallinckrodt (MNK), Lifts PT to $112
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Trulance (Plecanatide) Approved by FDA
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst David Amsellem reiterated an Overweight rating and boosted its price target on Mallinckrodt plc (NYSE: MNK) to $112.00 (from $103.00), saying payer contracting activities on Acthar is making process of getting a prescription filled more predictable and more likely.
Amsellem commented, "Much has been made of Mallinckrodt’s payer contracting activities related to Acthar, and not without justification, since in our view, these efforts give the product an imprimatur of legitimacy among the broader investor community. Beyond those optics, it is clear from our conversations with MNK that though access to Acthar is still tightly restricted, the contracting activity generally is conferring greater standardization of Acthar coverage among the myriad payers, generally making the process of getting an Acthar prescription (Rx) filled more predictable and in our view making it more likely that physicians/practices will be more consistent writers of Acthar Rx’s. This paradigm, along with a steady flow of additional clinical outcomes data, is why we continue to believe visibility on relatively strong volume growth over the long-term is high. We reiterate our Overweight rating and are raising our PT to $112."
Shares of Mallinckrodt plc closed at $83.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Positive Thesis 'Intact' Following FTC Settlement - Guggenheim
- Mizuho Sees a Rebound in Mallinckrodt (MNK) Post FTC Settlement
- Roth Capital Downgrades Ideal Power (IPWR) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Hot Comments, Short Sales
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!