Piper Jaffray Starts Spectrum Brands (SPB) at Overweight
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray initiates coverage on Spectrum Brands (NYSE: SPB) with a Overweight rating and a price target of $147.00.
Analyst Stephanie Wissink commented, "We are initiating coverage of Spectrum Brands with an Overweight rating and $147 price target. We see SPB as a core holding with appreciation potential. We are attracted to SPB's diversified business, strong capital position, and potential to further augment the mix with additional accretive acquisitions. Through cost rationalization efforts, the company has unlocked mid-P&L spending power to redirect toward brand development, innovation, and sales growth, while also passing through incremental profit to the bottom line. Despite the end markets being intensely competitive, we favor SPB's distinct position in the value range. Any sort of macroeconomic wavering could support a trade toward SPB brands, lending to volume upside to our +LSD organic growth estimates. Our $147 PT is based on 12.5x EV/FY2E EBITDA.."
Shares of Spectrum Brands closed at $134.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
- Preferred Bank (PFBC) PT Raised to $65 at FBR Capital Following 4Q EPS Beat
- Seaport Global Securities Downgrades FMC Corp. (FMC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!