Piper Jaffray Starts Spectrum Brands (SPB) at Overweight
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray initiates coverage on Spectrum Brands (NYSE: SPB) with a Overweight rating and a price target of $147.00.
Analyst Stephanie Wissink commented, "We are initiating coverage of Spectrum Brands with an Overweight rating and $147 price target. We see SPB as a core holding with appreciation potential. We are attracted to SPB's diversified business, strong capital position, and potential to further augment the mix with additional accretive acquisitions. Through cost rationalization efforts, the company has unlocked mid-P&L spending power to redirect toward brand development, innovation, and sales growth, while also passing through incremental profit to the bottom line. Despite the end markets being intensely competitive, we favor SPB's distinct position in the value range. Any sort of macroeconomic wavering could support a trade toward SPB brands, lending to volume upside to our +LSD organic growth estimates. Our $147 PT is based on 12.5x EV/FY2E EBITDA.."
Shares of Spectrum Brands closed at $134.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!