Piper Jaffray Starts Novan (NOVN) at Overweight
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray initiates coverage on Novan (NASDAQ: NOVN) with a Overweight rating and a price target of $25.00.
Analyst David Amsellem commented, "We are initiating coverage of Novan Therapeutics with an Overweight rating and $25 PT. We believe that NOVN’s Nitricil platform, which has yielded a number of novel mid-tolate-stage pipeline shots-on-goal in the medical dermatology space, has the potential to drive transformative longer-term value creation. SB204 in particular could emerge as a differentiated topical, non-antibiotic option for moderate-to-severe acne (and a durable asset at that given that it is a new chemical entity (NCE) with patents that expire as late as 2034). We believe the product is well-positioned for Phase III success (data are expected in 1Q17) and further believe that peak sales of $300M+ are realistic. Given that backdrop, along with potential contribution from mid-stage opportunities SB206 and SB208, NOVN in our view is attractively valued in the context of a market cap of around $290M."
Shares of Novan closed at $18.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!