Piper Jaffray Starts Novan (NOVN) at Overweight
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray initiates coverage on Novan (NASDAQ: NOVN) with a Overweight rating and a price target of $25.00.
Analyst David Amsellem commented, "We are initiating coverage of Novan Therapeutics with an Overweight rating and $25 PT. We believe that NOVN’s Nitricil platform, which has yielded a number of novel mid-tolate-stage pipeline shots-on-goal in the medical dermatology space, has the potential to drive transformative longer-term value creation. SB204 in particular could emerge as a differentiated topical, non-antibiotic option for moderate-to-severe acne (and a durable asset at that given that it is a new chemical entity (NCE) with patents that expire as late as 2034). We believe the product is well-positioned for Phase III success (data are expected in 1Q17) and further believe that peak sales of $300M+ are realistic. Given that backdrop, along with potential contribution from mid-stage opportunities SB206 and SB208, NOVN in our view is attractively valued in the context of a market cap of around $290M."
Shares of Novan closed at $18.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Wex, Inc. (WEX) Following 3Q Report
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) PT Raised to $925 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!