Piper Jaffray Starts Alder Biopharm (ALDR) at Overweight
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray initiates coverage on Alder Biopharm (NASDAQ: ALDR) with a Overweight rating and a price target of $47.00.
Analyst Charles Duncan commented, "We are initiating coverage on Alder with an OW rating and $47 PT based on risk-adjusted value of its anti-CGRP candidate ALD403 in Frequent Episodic Migraine (FEM) and Chronic Migraine (CM). While the space is not without its clinical and commercial points of debate, our recent diligence suggests the anti-CGRP class could usher in a paradigm shift for migraine prophylaxis and there are multiple ways to win in this large and under-served market. We see ALD403 as differentiated on quarterly vs. monthly administration from three potential formulations (IV, SC, and IM) and expect its first pivotal PROMISE-1 trial in FEM to deliver positive results in 1H17 which confirm and extend those generated in Phase II. In advance of this near-term point of value creation, we are buyers of ALDR as the only pure-play and a relative value entry point to the anti-CGRP class."
Shares of Alder Biopharm closed at $24.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RCI Hospitality Holdings (RICK) Gains as Sidoti & Co. Sets Aggressive Price Target
- Seaport Global Securities Starts WGL Holdings (WGL) at Neutral
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Charles Duncan
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!