Piper Jaffray Starts Adidas AG (ADDYY) at Overweight
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray initiates coverage on Adidas AG (ADS.GR) (OTC: ADDYY) with a Overweight rating and EUR173 price target.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented, "We are initiating coverage of ADS.GR at an Overweight with a €173 PT. Our earnings estimates are ahead of the Street at €5.02 and €5.76 for FY16 and FY17, respectively. That said, we see room for sales, margin & earnings upside to our numbers given the robust brand momentum. adidas, as a brand, has emerged as one of the quickest growing brands in our proprietary Teen Survey work with the brand achieving new highs as an athletic and as a fashion brand. We see North America as a particular catalyst and note market share today is 7-8% vs. Nike's 40%+ share. We see this market and see EBIT for adidas moving from the 7.7% range to the double-digit territory over time (NKE, 13% & UA, 9%) supported by gross margin expansion & expense disciplines. We see a €9/share EPS power to the name by 2020 (26% 5-year CAGR)."
Shares of Adidas AG closed at $85.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Packaging Corp. (PKG) to $93; Reiterates Buy
- Mizuho Securities Remains Sidelined on Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!