Piper Jaffray Starts Adidas AG (ADDYY) at Overweight
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray initiates coverage on Adidas AG (ADS.GR) (OTC: ADDYY) with a Overweight rating and EUR173 price target.
Analyst Erinn Murphy commented, "We are initiating coverage of ADS.GR at an Overweight with a €173 PT. Our earnings estimates are ahead of the Street at €5.02 and €5.76 for FY16 and FY17, respectively. That said, we see room for sales, margin & earnings upside to our numbers given the robust brand momentum. adidas, as a brand, has emerged as one of the quickest growing brands in our proprietary Teen Survey work with the brand achieving new highs as an athletic and as a fashion brand. We see North America as a particular catalyst and note market share today is 7-8% vs. Nike's 40%+ share. We see this market and see EBIT for adidas moving from the 7.7% range to the double-digit territory over time (NKE, 13% & UA, 9%) supported by gross margin expansion & expense disciplines. We see a €9/share EPS power to the name by 2020 (26% 5-year CAGR)."
Shares of Adidas AG closed at $85.76 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- United Rentals (URI) PT Raised to $130 at Jefferies Ahead of 4Q Report
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Earnings, Erinn Murphy
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!